Monday 20 April 2015

Trip to Amsterdam@18-19th April 2015

It's been a long time since I wrote my last blog. This blog is all about our Trip (Me and my Wife) to land of Tulips, Amsterdam.

First Day (18th April 2015)

So, as a responsible husband, I woke up early on Saturday Morning to get ready as our departure time was 07:15 AM. The journey starts in a bit unwanting way as we have to switch our seats couple of times due to booking tickets without reservation  (Lesson learnt for future trips :- Always reserve your seats while booking). Finally we got a seat in front of each other. By 09:30 we reached "Amsterdam Centraal" passing the scenic countryside landscapes and windmills.  On station, we got confused regarding trvael tickets as here , unlike other countries,  one has to buy separate ticket for Trains and one separate tickets for other channels (Trams, Bus, Metro's). Finally we reached our Hotel arnd 11:00 AM. We took some rest and left for "Kukenhoff"  at 12:15 PM.   It is very far from Centraal and it took us about 2 hours to reach the site (including waiting in the long queue at Schipol).  But all this long journey and tiring queues are worth once you see the breathtaking views of plethora of Tulips.  Whole area is filled with different variety and colors of tulips.  We took several selfies (Thanks to the Selfie Stick invention)  with the Tulips. We came back to Centraal by 7 PM and then we went to DAM Square. One thing I must say, I felt Amsterdam more lively than Brussels , Munich, Salzburg and Dusseldorf. We took the dinner at Indian Restaurant "MotiMahal" and reached back to our hotel@10:30 PM.

Second and Concluding Day (19th April 2015)

We woke up around 8 in the morning. Took the bath and left hotel at 10 AM. Somehow my mood was not good (Oh  God!! What should I do about my Capricious moody nature). We started our day with the Heineken Experience. I must say it is worth visiting as you get to know about the Brewery process and about the Heineken family. The experience concluded with the free Bier and Canal Cruise to Heineken Brand Store. After that we went to Rijksmuseum which I felt more famous for
"I AMSTERDAM" letters. Crowd was almost mad and busy in clicking pictures with those letters.
Luckily, there we got to see very interesting street dance by couple of performers. That was really good as some of the moves (Head Spin and One handed dance) were really awsome. We returned to Centraal by 5:30 PM. We ate Pizza as we were feeling bit tiring and hungry. We stayed in Centraal till 9 PM. We boarded the train back to dusseldorf and reached our home by 11:30 PM

The trip was good especially the Kukenhoff and Heineken experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Amsterdam@18-19th April 2015

It's been a long time since I wrote my last blog. This blog is all about our Trip (Me and my Wife) to land of Tulips, Amsterdam. Firs...